Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kallie and her buddy Cy

I started my new job on Monday so this is Kallie's first full week with her nanny Alexandra. My mom watches Kallie on Monday's and Alexandra watches her Tues-Fri. We do a nanny share with another family in West Seattle so it works out great.

Last week I decided to drop Kallie off so she could get used to the other house as well has Alexandra and Cy (the little boy she will be playing with). Kallie had a great time playing with her new buddy, going for walks, and playing with their yellow lab Sally Sue (I am pretty sure she thinks it is Coho). We even found a double stroller so Alexandra can take the kiddos on walks around the neighborhood. Both Mary and I feel lucky to have found Alexandra. Both kids light up when the see her and she fits right in with both families.

(Here is a picture Alexandra took on her first walk with the kiddos and Sophie the giraffe)


I won't lie when Monday came I was of course sad that it was finally time for me to go back to work full time. I have been in denial for six months! It took me over ten minutes to actually say good bye to my little girl. Of course when I finally did leave it was with tears in my eyes and a big deep breath.

I know Kallie has a great time with my mom and Alexandra b/c she smiles when they arrive and is smiling when we get home from work. I am excited for her to have a buddy to play with during the day but I wish I was the one home with her each day. I know this transition is much harder on me than it is on her and know that with time it will be easier (at least that's what everyone keeps telling me).

No comments:

Post a Comment