Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Winter Cold

Poor Kallie was sick last week for the first time. I noticed she was a bit more fussy than normal but was not sure what the deal was. Eventually her fussiness turned into a fever and horrible cough. I took her to the pediatrician on Wednesday just to make sure she was OK. Her Dr. said she had a cold but it would go away. Well by Friday she was literally miserable and just not herself so I took her in again. This time we saw a different Dr. and he said she had an ear infection and a mild case of RSV but it would go away. So again I took Kallie home hoping a nap would help her feel better. By 1:00 or so she was literally a wet noodle in my arms and having trouble breathing b/c of her chest congestion. My mom came over and agreed that she needed to go back to the Dr. The Dr. agreed that she had gotten much worse over the course of three hours. They took her oxygen level which was 96 (not bad), started her on antibiotics for her ear infection and a nebulizer treatment every four hours at home.

Today is Tuesday and she still has a horrible cough but she has started eating and smiling again so I know she is on the mend!


No comments:

Post a Comment