Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hawaii Family Vacation

We flew to Kauai with my entire family the day after Thanksgiving for a wedding. Literally my entire family was on the same flight. Kallie was an angel on the plane and pretty much the entire trip. She slept well and was such a happy girl. I think she is going to love the warm/sunshine just like her mom :) Oh yeah and my friends were right when they all told me traveling with an infant is the best time to travel . . . I was a bit hesitant since I was just about 5 months pregnant when we booked the trip!!

Most of our trip was spent on the beach but we did do a bit of sightseeing too. We drove to Waimae Canyon and Waime Falls, both were beautiful but not sure the drive was worth the 5 minute visit (just my opinion! We even managed to go to a nice dinner at The Tidepools with my parents. It was a gorgeous restaurant literally built on top of the tidepools (Kallie slept the entire meal).

I would say our vacation was close to perfect. Being with my entire family in Hawaii was so much fun. We have not been on a family vacation in years. This was our first "Bates" family vacation with Kallie and I look forward to many more!














No comments:

Post a Comment