Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another fun weekend on Vashon

This weekend was the Bates family weekend on Vashon. Since Eric had to work Kallie and decided to make it a girls day. We were up early and on our way - princess dress, crown and all! Kallie and I have been on many ferry rides but from some reason this particular ferry ride was special. I am not sure if it was watching Kallie twirl down the isle of the ferry or her high pitch voice yelling "Mama look at me" whatever it was it was worth every minute.

When we got to the island Kallie was anxiously awaiting her playdate with Georgia . . . in fact this was technically their first playdate ever. I must say watching the two of them get to know each other while giggle on the beach was one of those moments I will never forgot.

Overall the weekend pretty much perfect. We had a fun family dinner on Friday night followed by a weekend of friends, sunshine, crabbing (Kallie loves crabbing but equally loves eating crab with her daddy), boat rides, beach time and of course kiddos running around having fun. These are the kind of weekends that make me smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment