Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby Legs

Kallie had an ultrasound on her hip last week b/c her pediatrician thought her left hip felt "loose". The ultrasound showed mild hip dysplasia. We were referred to a Pediatric Orthopedic Doctor who we saw today and she decided the best treatment would be a harness which was NOT what I wanted to hear. I feel lucky because hip dysplasia is very treatable with out surgery when discovered early but at the same time I feel so sad that my little bug has to wear the harness for a few months. The Dr. promised me she is not in pain and that is it much harder on the parents than it is on the kiddos.

The harness is quite the contraption. The Dr. fit the harness to Kallie and showed us how to put it on her. Then she left the room and told us to put in on ourselves and let her know when we were finished. Luckily we figured it out pretty quickly. I guess the two good things are that the harness is pink and that we get to use the cute baby legs we have . . . I see lots of onsies and baby legs in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment