Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Goodbye daycare ... Hello Kindergarten

Kallie, Today is your last day at the Mermaids Lagoon and it feels so very bittersweet.  The lagoon is what you have known since you were seven months old.       You have made amazing friends, had wonderful teachers, and learned more than I could have ever taught you at home.  From the infant room, to toddlers, to preschool and now your last day in kindergarten prep it has been an amazing journey.  Although I still feel the working mom guilt on a daily basis I was blessed to have you at my office with me ... I visited you daily in the infant room (sometimes twice), went on most of your field trips, had girls lunches, and attend every parent event!  I can tell you that you have been in good hands and that daddy and I have been there supporting and loving you every step of the way.

Although I will miss our chats in the car commuting to and from work, our karaoke to Justin Bieber and the constant questions (where do babies come from?  What is heaven? etc) I am so very excited for your next journey.  You are smart, compassionate, confident and ready!

First day:



Last Day



No comments:

Post a Comment