Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween

Kallie talked about being a Fairy Princess for weeks so we were definitely ready when Halloween arrived. We started the day with a surprise Hello Kitty Halloween shirt for her to wear to school which she was very excited about. That afternoon, daycare had their annual Pumpkin Parade. All of the kiddos from ages 3 months to 5 years get dressed up and strut their stuff in front of Starbucks. Last year I had to walk with Kallie since she wasn't actually walking but this year she did it all by herself with all of her classmates (OK, I lied once she saw me I ended up walking with her).

That evening we went home to do some trick or treating with our neighbors who have a daughter (Sara) just a few months younger than Kallie. The both had a blast and wanted to keep going and going. I have to admit it is really fun to live in neighborhood that has so many trick or treaters. We ran out of candy at 8pm!

All and all it was a great night. Kallie still talks about trick or treating so I guess it was a big hit. The best part was that she had no idea she was getting candy so she never even had one piece . . . but I did give her a little bowl of ice cream to celebrate our fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment