Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dancing Queen

Today was a day I had been waiting for since I found we were having a girl . . . Kallie's first dance class! I think I might have been more excited than she was considering I could hardly sleep. Last weekend I made it my mission to find Kallie the perfect dance outfit and I succeeded - Pink and Sparkly! Kallie's eyes lit up when I showed it to her she immediately called it her ballerina dress and wanted to try it and twirl.

From the moment she woke up this morning she was ready for dance. Of course when we got there she was shy at first but immediately warmed up when the teacher came over to say hi. The teacher let the kiddos know that they were going to have so much fun and that the parents would be right outside the door. Most of the girls nodded and headed off to class with the parents smiling proudly as the teacher shut the door. Kallie looked back to make sure we were still there and off she went.

It was so fun watching Kallie listen intently as her teacher gave her directions . . . doing her best to try every move. I am pretty sure Eric and I took more pictures than any parent but to be honest I don't care I am one proud mama!

It is days like today that remind me how lucky I am to have a daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment