Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to Work

Today I returned to work at Blue Nile after five months of maternity leave. Going to work this morning was one of the hardest things I have ever done. After minimal sleep I decide I would get up early and give myself enough time to feed Kallie and spend some quality time with her before I had to leave. I had the hardest time walking out the door. I found any and every excuse to leave later and later. When I finally decided it was time to go I gave Kallie the biggest hug and lots of kisses. I made a promise to her that mommy would always be there when she wakes up and when she closes her eyes at night. I know she had no idea what I was saying but it made me feel better just saying it out loud.

Of course I cried when I walked out the door and pretty much the entire drive to my office while continuously wondering if I made the right decision by going back to work. Every ounce of me wanted to turn the car around and go back but I knew I had to give it a shot. The only thing that has helped me get through the day is the picture that daddy sent to me this morning, it reminded me of how lucky I truly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment