Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still a little peanut

We took Kallie to the Dr. yesterday for a weight check. She gained 2.5oz in six days which is lower than they had hoped for. I have been breastfeeding and pumping every time I feed her. The Dr. decided that my milk supply is just barely getting her by and suggested we supplement with formula after each feeding. She thinks once Kallie gets a bit more weight and strength she will have no problem breastfeeding but for now we need to supplement to get her big and strong. Both Eric and I are on board with the plan because truly the most important thing is that she is eating and growing. I will admit that it was a bit upsetting to hear because I have been trying so hard breastfeeding and pumping each time which those of you who have pumped can understand how time consuming that can be and then to hear it isn't working was not the news I was hoping for.

Kallie is doing great and will be a big girl in no time. We are sticking with this plan for now and head back to the Dr. on Friday for another weight check.

1 comment: