Sunday, August 15, 2010

What do you mean I am going to have a baby tomorrow???

I was leaving work on Wednesday when I noticed a little something going on "down there" that did not seem normal. I called the Dr. to see what she had to say thinking I was just leaking fluid. She said if it continues I should come in and get checked out. Well with that said I decided the leaking had stopped so I should continue on my way to dinner w/ friends. As I was on I90 my brain was telling me that I probably should just head home "just in case". When I got home I decided to regroup . . . change my clothes and make sure the "leaking" had stopped. WELL . . . after chatting with Eric for a bit I stood up and it happened again, another small gush of fluids (too much info sorry). We decided that it was probably best I get checked out. We put Coho in is crate and off we went assuming we would be home in a few hours. WELL . . .

Once we got to the triage they hooked me up to monitor the baby and fluids continued to "leak" but Eric and I still did not put two and two together since I still had 4 weeks to go before my due date. The nurse said she would test the fluid to see if it was amniotic fluid or potentially urine. In a strange way both Eric and I hoped it was urine even though that would have been quite embarrassing. The nurse checked the fluid and said "congratulations it looks like you will be having a baby by tomorrow". Both Eric and I looked at her very confused. Here is how the conversation went after that . . .

Kristy: What do you mean?
Nurse: Well you are going to have a baby. . .your water broke
Kristy: Are you telling me that is our only option?
Nurse: Yes
Kristy: Wait I don't get it. . .I am not ready for this
Eric: Oh SHIT
Nurse: Let me give you two a minute so you can take this all in
Kristy: Crying and laughing . . .

And off we went into labor and delivery. . . I was induced within the hour and that's how it all began!!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this story! So hilarious!! :)

    You knew the baby was coming for 9 months and then she came a few weeks early, and you weren't sure if you were ready yet? lol! I am sure I will be the same way!

    ReplyDelete